Each year we like to gather an eclectic group of friends and business associates for a holiday lunch. No, it's not just techies. Media, sports, non-profits, politicians, business, cultural - they were all represented.
The food and atmosphere at Bo Loong at 40th and St. Clair is always terrific. The snowstorm only kept a handful of people away as more than 60 friends braved the elements.
The attendees are involved in one or more of the projects that we are involved in such as:
- Computers Assisting People (CAP) Inc. which has refurbished and donated over 15,000 PCs to 425 schools and non-profits in Cleveland.
- Magnum Computers Inc. where we try and earn some $ so we can volunteer more for CAP. (grin)
- ClevelandSeniors.com for the 50 and over crowd and those who care for and about them.
- ClevelandWomen.Com for girls and women of all ages in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio
- ClevelandPeople.com where we celebrate the 100+ ethnic groups in the area and make it a more attractive destination for immigrant talent. We believe that growth in Cleveland will not come from a mass shift of population from the suburbs to the city but from an influx of talented immigrants. Studies show that such immigrants are extremely likely to start businesses and hire people. And no one is more passionate than someone who has ethnic pride.
- And GreatLakesGeek.com. The business, science and technology information on GreatLakesGeek.com is becoming more essential as many of our longtime favorite print publications have disappeared or cut back.
As attendees introduced themselves, we were impressed by the positive outlook that they expressed. And how seemingly unconnected people discovered a thread that connected them to someone else in the room.
Enjoy these photos of some of the 2010 guests.
Photographer Tim Ryan and CAP volunteer Rich Woods flanked by Danielle Cherry and Allison Churchill from the Cleveland Indians
Cleveland Browns Legend Don Cockroft with wife Barb and Global Cleveland activist Barbara Hawkins
Don Cockroft was, of course, the great kicker and punter for the Cleveland Browns. #12 just finished a book on the amazing Kardiac Kids team. Find out more about the book, including a limited edition copy signed by 30 of the team members at TheKardiacKids.Com.
Cleveland Councilman Joe Cimperman and Rachael Sommer
John Hill and Kevin Latchford from Aztek
The long and the short of it - Former Cleveland Cavalier Harry Davis and columnist Vi Spevak
Dan Hanson and Jim Cookinham
Scot Rourke, President and CEO of OneCommunity and
Ron Copfer, CEO of CardioMetrics
Mike Hardy, partner at Thompson Hine
Peace and Non-Violence leader Paramjit Singh and George Brown from Senator Voinovich's office
Alan Schonberg, Founder of Management Recruiters International
Cathy Horton, CEO of Beta Strategy Group
Fred Griffith and Debbie Hanson
August Pust and Sandy Lesko
Paul Sciria and Ralph Tarsitano
Lithuanian Consul Ingrida Bublys
Captive Nations Leader Irene Morrow
Jaime Lebron and Tom Eakin
Gordy Priemer and John Lewis
Jim Evans and Jim Dorazio
Pat Hanson and Yenna
LaTida Smith of Saint Lukes Foundation
FICA President Mona Alag
Pam is also good friends with Cavalier's legend Bingo Smith. We spoke with Bingo the day before and he was feeling up to coming but that morning when Pam went to pick him up, he wasn't feeling up to it. Bingo said to say "hi" to all his friends.
Another message came from author Les Roberts who was in the Cleveland Clinic. Les is fine and wants to say 'hi' to all and guarantees that he will be at next year's party.
Plain Dealer PDQ party photographer Kathy Murphy Colan, JCU Entrepreneur Association Director Mark Hauserman and PR20/20 President Paul Roetzer
Darcy Downie, Director, Northeast Ohio Chapter of Prevent Blindness Ohio and Kevin Goodman, Director of Business Development of BlueBridge Networks
David Jakupca, CEO of International Center for Environmental Arts
Carol Pepera and Irene Morrow
Stuart Muszynski, Founder and CEO of Project Love
and Thomas Eakin
Peg Butler of Saint Lukes Foundation
Gary Lombardo of Gemland Co.
Sy Wachberger, Violet Spevak and Darcy Downie
Allison Churchill with the Cleveland Indians
Anita Kazarian and Fred Griffith
Danielle Cherry, Coordinator of Communications
of the Cleveland Indians
Nikki Difilippo of the Via Vera Group and Scot Rourke
See more pictures from the 2010 Holiday Gathering
Happy Holidays and have a Terrific 2011
Top of Page
Back to Geek Events