| Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2008 |
|Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2008 |
January 7-10, 2008 - Las Vegas
2008 CES Fun Facts
- The International CES is the world's largest consumer technology tradeshow.
- Exhibit space for CES covers more than 1.7 million net square feet of space - equivalent to 35 football fields.
- It would take 2.5 years to meet individually with each of CES' 2,700 exhibitors outside of the show.
- CES is the global meeting place for top international government officials and technology executives from 140 countries, representing nearly 75% of all United Nations member states.
- There are 25,000 international attendees - 10 times the number of athletes who competed in the 2006 Winter Olympic Games.
- The number of slot machines in Las Vegas' Clark County is equal to the number of CES attendees -more than 140,000.
- 12,000 content and entertainment executives come to the show, which is more than two years worth of feature film releases in theaters worldwide.
- CESweb.org gets an average of 100,000 visitors per day during the week of CES - three times the population of Monaco.
- 32,320 hamburgers were consumed at the 2007 International CES, enough to feed one person a burger a day for more than 88 years.
- The average U.S household has 25 consumer electronic products in it and U.S. consumer electronics sales should exceed $160 billion in 2007.
Slash and Bill Gates at Bill Gates last CES Keynote
The Great Lakes Geek traveled to Las Vegas for the show and captured information, photos, video and audio interviews for this site and his column in Inside Business Magazine.
What the Great Lakes Geek saw at CES
SlingCatcher from SlingMedia
The latest in the SlingBox family (podcast too)
Organize your cable spaghetti
Lots more coming soon
Top of Page
Back to Geek News