Magnum Computers Annual Holiday Party
Bo Loong - 3922 St. Clair Ave.
December 6, 2023
The annual Magnum holiday lunch took place on Wednesday December 6, 2023 at Bo Loong restaurant at 3922 St. Clair Ave in Cleveland.
We are pretty sure that this was our 25th year in hosting this annual event where we have invited an eclectic group of friends and business associates for a holiday lunch. Techies, media, non-profits, politicians, business, cultural - they were all represented.
When asked what the diverse group of 75 guests had in common, some reflection made it clear that they, like us, love Cleveland. Most have had many opportunities to work and live in other cities. But we have all chosen to be here because we believe in the city. As the guests introduced themselves, this became evident and all were impressed by the positive outlooks expressed.
Guests left with a goodie bag with a hardcover copy of the Ratanjit Sondhe's book How Oneness Changes Everything: Empowering Business Through 9 Universal Laws as well as a delicious sample of Pickle Chips from Drew Anderson at Cleveland Kitchen and a healthy and tasty juice from Garden Of Flavor founder Lisa Reed.
Want to be invited next year? Let's do some positive things together next year. Take a look at the bottom of the page.
Thanks to Anjan Ghose for taking these photos of most of the attendees.
Dan Hanson with serial entrepreneurs
Tim Mueller (Vantage One, City of Cleveland Tech Czar, etc.)
and Ron Copfer (Fathom IT, Visual Evidence, RBX, etc.)
Ron Rerko, Healthcare professional - Onix Networking Corp.,
John Hill, CEO of Aztek Web,
Nicky Sulandari, Edward Jones Financial Advisor and Collaborative Chambers Alliance President,
Larry Miller, President, French-American Chamber of Commerce
Carmen Blackwell, WKYC TV Anchor and Reporter
Gordon Priemer, Developer and Cleveland Kitchen partner
Joe Cimperman, Global Cleveland president
Jose Feliciano Sr. Hispanic Pioneer, Cleveland Heritage Medal Honoree
Judge Dan Polster, senior US district judge of the US District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Former Congresswoman Mary Rose Oakar
Cleveland Councilman Mike Polensek
Mark Owens, Honorary Irish Consul and
Team NEO VP of Marketing and Communications
Chia-min Chen, City of Cleveland Asian Liaison
Dick Pogue, Jones Day
Gerry Quinn, Radio Host, Mayo Society Founder
Angela Shute-Woodson, City of Cleveland Community Relations and Community Relations Board Director
Greater Cleveland Sports Commission, Pan Am Masters Games
John Ryan, State Director for Senator Sherrod Brown
Letitia Lopez, Executive Director of Julia de Burgos Cultural Arts Center
Lou Frangos, Developer and Greek Cultural Garden leader
Dona Brady, Albanian Garden delegate and former Cleveland Councilwoman
Aklilu Demessie, Engineer and Ethiopian community leader
Alex Machaskee, Former Plain Dealer publisher and Serbian Garden leader
Basil Russo, national president of the Italian Sons and Daughters of America
Carl Ewing, African American Cultural Garden leader
Charles Cicco, NEORSD Government Affairs Specialist
Johnny Wu, award-winning film maker and producer
Pamela Dorazio-Dean, Italian American Museum Director
Dr. Gita Gidwani, Association of Indian Physicians
Josť Feliciano Jr., Greater Cleveland RTA Intergovernmental Affairs Officer
Want to learn about ethnic and cultural events in Cleveland such as this? Sign up for the free eNews and every Tuesday evening you will receive a free e-mail listing the next week's events. It's easy and free.
Fill out the form for the free weekly eNews.
Michael Miller CPA and Cleveland International Hall of Fame Treasurer
Rich Crepage, Council on World Affairs, American Cancer Society, etc.
Tony Brancatelli, former Cleveland City Councilman
Qaisra Haider, Pakistan Cultural Garden leader
Kelly Falcone-Hall, President & CEO, Western Reserve Historical Society
Chris Martinez, Hispanic Liaison - City of Cleveland
Gary Kotlarsic, Polish American Cultural Center (PACC)
Ingrida Bublys, Honorary Consul of the Republic of Lithuania
Judge Ralph Perk Jr.
Pierre Bejjani, President of CAMEO
Lori Ashyk, Executive Director Cleveland Cultural Gardens Federation
Lisa Wong, president OCAGC
Debbie Hanson, Co-founder Cleveland International Hall of Fame
Paul Burik, Sokol Cleveland President and Czech Garden Leader
Fran Burik, Carpatho-Rusyn Cultural Garden officer
Gia Hoa Ryan, Vietnamese Cultural Garden
John Niedzialek, Erosion & Sediment Control Inspector
Irene Morrow, former American Nationalities Movement President
and Mayor Perk right hand woman
Bobbie Morrow, Interior Designer
Connie Adams, Polish Cultural Garden
Erika Puussaar, Estonian Cultural Garden
Mona Alag, Past-President Fedreation of Indian Community Assoc.,
Founder Project Seva
Drew Anderson, CEO Cleveland Kitchen
John Lewis, Cleveland International Hall of Fame incorporating board member
Anjan Ghose, Tri-C Director of Network Services (retired)
Joe Meissner, Friendship Foundation attorney
Rania Abbadi, Eva Mea Event Planner
Nada Martinovic, Serbian Choirmaster
and Department of Homeland and Security
Mary Quinn, Quinn Industrial Piping
Teevi Champa, Estonian Cultural Garden
Michael Patterson, Margaret Wong representative
Ying Pu, Publisher at Erie Chinese Journal
See more pictures (Page 2) from the 2023 Magnum Holiday Lunch
Want to be invited next year? Let's do some positive things together next year on one of the projects (below) we are working on or something new. Let us know what you are up to and excited about.
- Computers Assisting People (CAP) Inc. which has refurbished and donated over 25,000 PCs to over 500 schools and non-profits in Cleveland.
- ClevelandPeople.com where we celebrate the 100+ ethnic groups in the area and make it a more attractive destination for immigrant talent as well as showing what a cool and diverse city we live in.
- ClevelandSpeakers.com for organizations that need a speaker on a variety of topics and those interested in speaking.
- Cleveland101.com which was intended to give visiting reporters some interesting stories during the RNC and Cavs championship run but has evolved into a collection of great Cleveland stories, firsts and landmarks.
- ClevelandCooks.com which is for foodies, chefs and wannabe chefs as we celebrate how Cleveland has become a foodie town with great chefs and restaurants.
- Cleveland Food Adventurers a group that visits local ethnic restaurants and learns about the food and culture while enjoying camaraderie and a great meal.
- ClevelandSeniors.com for the 50 and over crowd and those who care for and about them.
- ClevelandWomen.Com for girls and women of all ages in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio
- Cleveland International Hall of Fame which recognizes lifetimes of important and enduring contributions to Cleveland's multi cultural communities.
- GreatLakesGeek.com. The business, science and technology information on GreatLakesGeek.com is becoming more essential as many of our longtime favorite print publications have disappeared or cut back.
- Fun with Maps our series on interesting places in the world.
- Cleveland Tech History telling the important contributions of Clevelanders.
- Magnum Computers Inc. where we try and earn some $ so we can volunteer more for CAP and support our other projects. (grin)
- ClevelandPets.Com for the four-legged (and other) members of our families. (work in progress)
- ClevelandMen.Com for the boys and men in our lives. Sports, veterans, tools and more. (work in progress)
- And some more projects we are working on - Ask Us!
Top of Page
Back to Great Lakes Geek Events